About The Basic Electricity Training Course
Electricians, instrumentation and electronics (l&E) techs, HVAC techs and others who work with electricity must have a basic understanding of how electricity works. Whether you're an apprentice just starting out or an "old hand", solid knowledge of how electricity works is vital to your success. This training course will help develop new skills and refresh old ones that will help you work more efficiently and safely.
Who Should Attend This Training?
Electricians, electrical technicians, HVAC technicians, supervisors as well as multi-craft workers who work on, or are responsible for those who work on, energized or potentially energized equipment and circuits.
What Will You Learn In This Course?
You'll be able to:
- Describe the fundamentals of matter and energy
- Use Ohm's Law to solve simple AC and DC circuit calculations
- Use Ohm's Law and Kirchoff's Law in series and parallel circuit calculations
- Understand how electricity is generated
- Apply concepts of inductance, capacitance and reactance
Course Duration: 2 Days
Course Code: ACDC
Class times are from 8 AM to 4 PM. All students must wear closed-toed shoes and long pants in the shop and lab areas. Safety glasses will be provided.