About This Battery Maintenance Training Course
Reliable standby power, whether from a UPS or substation battery bank, is critical to continued operations during both planned and unplanned outages. Many protection and control systems also depend on a reliable DC power supply. Maximum reliability can be obtained only from proper maintenance. This training course will teach you what you need to know about getting the most from your battery systems.
Who Should Attend This Training?
Electricians, electrical technicians, supervisors and others responsible for the proper operation of battery systems in substations or other facilities that depend on battery-based DC power supplies.
What Will You Learn In This Course?
You'll be able to:
- Identify battery types including their construction and operation
- Apply battery maintenance and testing practices found in IEEE standards and manufacturer's guidelines
- Develop a battery inspection and maintenance program for your facility
- Identify battery safety guidelines
- Identify the PPE required when working with batteries
Course Duration: 2 Days
Course Code: BATT
Class times are from 8 AM to 4 PM. All students must wear closed-toed shoes and long pants in the shop and lab areas. Safety glasses will be provided.