About The Electrical Safety For manager Training Course
Managers and supervisors who are responsible for the people performing electrical tasks are often not qualified electrical workers themselves. It's not enough to tell workers to be careful; without an understanding of electrical safety they could be setting their employees, themselves and their employers up for serious injury, lost time or a fatality, and all of the liability that comes with it. This training course enables managers and supervisors to understand and apply what they need to know in order to ensure that their workers are performing electrical tasks safely.
Who Should Attend This Training?
First-line supervisors, managers, and/or safety professionals who are responsible for employees who work on or with energized or potentially energized equipment and circuits.
What Will You Learn In This Course?
You'll be able to:
- Recognize and understand electrical hazards and how to plan for them
- Apply OSHA's electrical safe work practices, as well as selected articles of NFPA 70E to your safety program
- Perform shock and arc flash risk management
- Ensure that electrical workers are equipped with the proper PPE
- Understand the requirements for testing and inspection of PPE
- Perform field audits
Course Duration: 1 Day
Course Code: ESFM
Class times are from 8 AM to 4 PM. All students must wear closed-toed shoes and long pants in the shop and lab areas. Safety glasses will be provided.