About The Electrical Safety Refresher Training Course
Veteran electrical workers aren't immune from accidents. That's why it's important for workers to maintain their knowledge and skills throughout their careers. For this reason, both OSHA and the NFPA 70E require periodic refresher training. This course reviews the principles of electrical safety that experienced workers need to plan a job and work it while effectively managing the risks from electric shock and arc flash. The training course will also cover updates to the 2018 NFPA 70E so that workers stay current on this important industry standard.
Who Should Attend This Training?
Electricians, electrical technicians, HVAC technicians, supervisors and engineers who work on or are responsible for those who work on energized or potentially energized equipment and circuits. Safety professionals who need to update their understanding of electrical safety should also attend.
What Will You Learn In The Course?
You'll be able to:
- Identify common accident factors
- Identify electrical hazards and their effects
- Apply OSHA’s electrical safe work practices rules as well as selected articles of NFPA 70E
- Effectively utilize risk management principles to mitigate electrical risks
- Select, use, and maintain electrical personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Read and understand NFPA 70E tables and arc flash labels
Course Duration: 1 Day
Course Code: ESRF
Class times are from 8 AM to 4 PM. All students must wear closed-toed shoes and long pants in the shop and lab areas. Safety glasses will be provided.